There are tremendous things going on at the grassroots level in this country, yet many will go unnoticed by the mainstream media.
This is why our friends at the Sam Adams Alliance have put together an awards program to highlight some of the tremendous work being done at the local and state levels to advance liberty and freedom in this country.
The Sam Adams Alliance sponsors an annual contest and awards show called the “Sammies” to honor activists, bloggers, videographers, and other new media users who independently work to support free market ideas, and advocate for government transparency.
They are currently looking for activists to enter the 3rd Annual Sammies. If you led effective activism in 2009, enter now. You have nothing to lose, and thousands of dollars to gain!
Cash prizes totaling $20,000 will be awarded to individuals who make significant contributions to the advancement of economic and individual liberty in the following categories:
· Blogger: Cover state and local issues in your blog? Broken a story recently? An award for a dedicated citizen journalist who not only breaks the story but who strategically frames the debate: $3,000.
· Video: Know how to edit video? Have the skills to go viral? An award for an exceptional online video that presents the ideals of liberty in relation to a contemporary issue: $3,000.
· Watchdog: Fancy yourself a private eye? Good with FOIA? An award for an intrepid citizen investigator who uncovers government waste, abuse, patronage, and/or fraud: $3,000.
· Town Hall: Give a town hall speech? Capture it on video? An award for an individual who delivered an eloquent and passionate town hall speech and, moreover, used that experience as a launchpad to speak out on other issues and work for local change: $3,000.
· Tea Party: Organize a tea party? Turn that protest into concrete action? An award for the leader of a successful and ongoing local tea party movement: $3,000.
· Modern-Day Sam Adams: The grand prize. An award for a remarkable individual who achieved a major political victory for freedom: $5,000.
The theme of this year's Sammies, "We Are All Activists Now,"draws inspiration from 2009's historic explosion of political engagement, manifest in tea parties, town halls, and a surge of citizen leadership at the state and local levels.
All entries are due by February 17, 2010, and winners will be flown to Chicago and awarded at a red-carpet event in April.
To enter the Sammies, please visit the Sammies website at http://www.thesammies.comor email
The Dedicated Team at American Majority